Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Boiler Room !

No! This is’nt about another steaming room to sweat it out like the way the title of this blog might make it sound, but a flick released sometime in 2000 which I happen to watch a couple of months ago during a rainy weekend night in Bangalore with a few friends.

A must see for all people in the profession of sales. Here are some of the dialogues of the movie I found out:

Man on phone: Take me off your list.
Seth Davis: Fine, fine. I'm gonna take you off my list of successful people today.

Jim Young: And there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done.

Jim Young: They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

Jim Young: Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any.

Greg Weinstein: Don't pitch the bitch.

Seth Davis: I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. You see shit like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, i just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, i just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the dollar, kid. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock: I became a stockbroker.

Broker: I know you're not standing on your front porch with a bag of money waiting for me to call you. But I'm not some 18-year-old selling a cure for AIDS. I'm 46 years old, I have 22 years market experience, I know this business. So pick up your skirt, grab your balls, and lets go make some money

Jim Young: There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the fucking President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.

Seth Davis: Its strange to think how that knock changed everything, everything, hey don't get me wrong here, I don't believe in fate, i believe in odds.

Greg Weinstein: Don't you have a canoli you can stick in your mouth?
Chris Varick: Don't you have a menorah you could shove up your ass?

Jim Young: You Want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari, 355 Cabriolet, What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am liquid.

Richie: Get the fuck out of here before I put you in a mayonnaise jar. When was the last time you closed something huh? You couldn't close a fuckin' window you moron!

Greg Weinstein: I hope this is better than the last batch of shit you gave me. Produced more wood than Ron Jeremy. I don't want you to yell, "Reco!" anymore. Know what you should yell? "Timber!" Yeah, Mr. Fuckin' wood. I hear you fuckin' makin' your calls. It's bullshit, all right? I mean if you want them off the phone so bad, why don't you just hang up? You should get them excited. You know, excited? They should beg for a broker on the first call !!

Hmmmm……let’s get out there and close some deals !

Closing !! *Hmpf….trying to ;)




2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hav u noticed that the guy on the extreme right aways wears that stupid brown trench coat??

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:18:00 PM, Blogger Prismatical said...

That's all what he's got dude ! He doesn't get compensated like we do...or do we ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home