Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The look out for Smitha !!!

Now who else could this piece be dedicated to other than Smitha (I guess the title says it all). So Ms Queen-of-procrastination who’s miles away decided to stand by me with effect to the previous post “The Rendezvous” which apparently inspired her (ahem) to post this piece where she raised several sentiments on what goes into the decision making process and why life couldn’t be like Bollywood movies where you always end up marrying just the right person and things always seem to work out just fine! & those of you who have no clue what I’m talking about here’s the link: http://spaces.msn.com/smitha26/blog/cns!AC0EF42397560B4E!574.entry

So the typical-traditional-Indian family starts dropping the societal-pressure at a time when you already feel you’re in a state of crisis trying to juggle with your career, family, friends etc. and to make it worse when it’s ‘right-here-right-now-time’…Yikes!!!

So I’ll vouch with Smitha especially with the number of things that you need to consider, the thought process involved before transitioning and making the rest of your family extremely joyful (I’m not getting into the specifics here…I guess everyone who hasn’t had a chance to shop in ages and probably everyone elder to you).

Last thing you would not want to do would be to make that big decision of your lifetime by seeing a 4 by 4 gleaming picture of that so-called-eligible person! You would rather have had some quality time (read: months…not minutes :P) spent with that person to give it a reality check of how things might work out mutually instead of spending the next 2/3rds of your life with someone who you don’t even know!

(Btw Smitha do you like to go to rave parties…lol)

Another valid point raised which I’d like to point out was about following certain trends especially when you’re the oldest in the family (I can empathise with you dear)! What I don’t seem to understand here is why can’t we just let things happen??? (or do they?). We’re traditional in fairyland you see ;)….errr…or should I say Bollywood inspired :P

Things don’t seem to work the way you expected them to be, but come on, looking at it on the brighter side you never know what’s in store for you! (I’ll try to learn classical Smitha, but would you like to accompany me to a rave? ;)

Lastly, never make that decision in haste. I’ve seen a few lives become mundane and so routine like it’s some sort of an obligation you have to live with. Would definitely like to recommend this to my HR-executive-friend who mentioned about a similar situation she is caught up with. Speaking of which a definite message needs to be conveyed to the aunties of the world who have decided to accomplish a wasted mission (not always) of trying to fix you up with the next eligible person that comes to their mind.

So Smitha, does your lookout end here? Or do I gather more people to join in the bandwagon? ;)


Btw is the rave plan still looking good? Or do you wanna go watch Rang De Basanti? (LOL)!!!

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that you were actually gonna do it! Am I flattered or what! (hehe) More importantly I'm just glad to know that there are others who share my thoughts (pain to be more precise actually!). I completely agree with you.....those good-natured Aunties really need to find another pasttime!

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I'd love to go a rave but you can't make me choose between that and RDB!!! :p

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that my biography till date? :-)your sentiments are mirrored by millions G... watch out ... this may be another monsoon wedding in the making and your key to freedom from your current vocation ....

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Niharika said...

Funny, and so true... Girish hits the right chords! Though I belong to the category of people who are waiting for the siblings to get done with the whole dilemma of "taking a decision" and the frills that come with it, I can empathise more with my sis now... (really?) Damn am I desperate??!! lol.. neah... but its good to know i am a third party to it, I have to deal with aunts wanning to convince me out of getting married.... lol am i lucky or what? or are you J??

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good blog bro
chek mine out -
morejive.blogspot.com

rgds
rajiv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home